CRD Sponsoring Two Future Leaders for PALS
PaLA’s College and Research Division (CRD) will again nominate and sponsor two PaLA Academy of Leadership Studies (PALS) attendees. In order to be considered by CRD, please submit your PALS application materials directly to CRD rather than to PALS. If we choose to nominate you, we will submit your application materials directly to PALS and, if you are accepted into the program, we will sponsor you. Our sponsorship will cover the cost of your program fee ($400 for PaLA members, $500 for non-PaLA members). If you are not chosen by CRD, you will still have time to submit your application materials to PALS for their consideration. The deadline for submission directly to PALS is Monday, April 10th.
Please keep in mind that a CRD nomination does NOT guarantee your acceptance into the PALS program.
In order to be considered for CRD nomination for PALS, please submit the following items to CRD at email@example.com by Monday, April 3th:
- A letter of interest indicating why you feel you would be a good candidate for PALS and how you would like to serve PaLA
- A current resume/CV
You will be notified of CRD’s decision to nominate you by Friday, April 7th.
Prospective nominees/PALS attendees must meet the following requirements:
- Degreed librarian (must have the degree before attending PALS)
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Must be willing to remain at the hotel for the duration of the PALS workshop, including overnight
- Must be willing to provide services to PaLA and the profession after completing the program
- PaLA membership is not required to apply or attend, but will be required upon completion of the program.
PALS 2017 MLS/MLIS Librarian Program information:
- Dates: Sunday, June 4 – Wednesday, June 7
- Place: The Best Western Premier: The Central Hotel and Conference Center, 800 E. Park Drive, Harrisburg, Pa
- Featured speaker: David Bendekovic of the B.A. David Company http://www.badavid.com/
- Cost: $400 per person, PaLA member or $500 per person non-PaLA member (includes program, lodging, and meals; transportation is not included)
For more information about PALS, visit https://www.palibraries.org/?page=PALS
If you have questions about submitting your materials to CRD, please contact Leslie Christianson, CRD chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.