Don’t Forget to Register – Building Bridges: Extending the Conversation
The 2014 PA Forward Information Literacy Summit Committee is pleased to announce that registration for our July 23, 2014 Summit—Building Bridges: Extending the Conversation—is still open at http://tinyurl.com/REGpafils14
The event will be held in Paterno Library, Penn State, State College, PA and our two key note presentations are:
Library Model Curriculum for PA Schools: Cornerstone Tasks for Assessment, presented by Eileen Kern (Past President, PA School Library Association) and Allison Mackley (Librarian, Hershey High School)
ACRL’s Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education: Implications for Practice, presented by Ellysa Stern Cahoy (Vice-Chair, Chair Elect, ACRL Instruction Section) and Donna Witek (The University of Scranton, member of the ACRL Information Literacy Standards Committee)
Our nine breakout sessions have been finalized, and you will find full details on the registration site:
- College-Ready: Collaborative Instructional Design & Practices to Promote Student-Centered Inquiry & Information Fluency, Brenda Boyer, Mount Saint Mary College
- Connecting With Students: Our Personal Librarian Pilot for ENG 101, Denise A. Garofalo, Mount Saint Mary College
- Decoding Format as Process with the Information Cycle, Amanda Clossen, Pennsylvania State University
- Digital Curator or Digital Hoarder?, Heather Lister, Hempfield School District
- Embracing Embedded: The Experiences of a Pilot Project, Liz Berilla, Misericordia University
- From Skills to Transformative Understanding: Fostering Higher Order Thinking Through Collaborative Research Instruction, Blake Doherty, Brookdale Community College
- One Size Does Not Fit All: Collaborating with Faculty to Build Information Literacy Skills in Our Students, Nancy Frazier and Kathleen McQuiston, Bucknell University
- Social Media Curation: A New Path to Information Literacy, Brenda Boyer, Mount Saint Mary College
- Superhero Team Up! Working Together to Teach Intellectual Property to Our Students, Maria Burchill, Schlow Centre Region Library, and John Meier, Pennsylvania State University
ACT 48 credit certification is pending.
If you would like to book a room at the Nittany Lion Inn, we have secured a discount rate but reservations must be made by June 27, 2014. More information about the program, the hotel discount code, and parking atPenn State are available on the reservation website under Program Description & Details and Parking Information.
This project is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services as administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Corbett Governor, through the College and Research Division (http://crdpala.org) of PaLA. Show your appreciation by becoming a member of PaLA! And if you are a member – thank you!