South Central Chapter Call for PALS Nominees
The South Central Chapter of the Pennsylvania Library Association would like to cover the registration fee for one attendee to the PaLA Academy of Leadership Studies, to be held at the Best Western Premier: The Central Hotel and Conference Center in Harrisburg, PA. Please share with your colleagues and staff!
We invite nominations and applications from public, academic, school and special librarians who have the potential to become the next generation of library leaders in our Commonwealth. Applicants must be part of the South Central Chapter service area (Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, York, and Perry counties), and must be PaLA members.
Further information about the Leadership Academy can be found at: http://www.palibraries.org/?page=PALS
The program for 2017 is described below.
PaLA Academy of Leadership Studies – 2017 Program Dates: Sunday, June 4 – Wednesday, June 7, 2017 Registration Fee (includes program, lodging, meals): $400 per person for PaLA Members
If you are interested in applying to be sponsored by the South Central Chapter, please send the following by March 31, 2017 to Christy Fic (email@example.com):
- A letter of interest indicating why you feel you would be a good candidate for PALS and how you would like to serve the profession
- Current resume
- A letter of support from a supervisor, board member or trustee indicating why they feel the nominee has leadership potential and should attend PALS
The following are the requirements for sponsorship nominees:
- Degreed Librarian (must have the degree before attending program)
- Demonstrates leadership potential
- Must be willing to remain at the hotel for the duration of the PALS workshop, including overnight
- Must attend one South Central Chapter meeting after the program to report on what was learned at PALS
Nominees will be informed of the Chapter’s decision by April 7, 2017.