Spring Into a New Issue of Pennsylvania Libraries: Research & Practice
Need a good professional read this (finally!) warm, sunny weekend in Pennsylvania? Golly, are you in luck! The Spring 2015 issue of Pennsylvania Libraries: Research & Practice has just been published online at http://www.palrap.org.
Here are the highlights from this issue (vol. 3, no. 1)–
- “Developing Competency-Based Assessment for Library Professionals” by Marilyn Harhai and Janice Krueger, Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- “The Tombros and McWhirter Knowledge Commons at Penn State” by Joseph Fennewald, Penn State University
- “Collection Assessment and the Library Liaison Program: A Practical Focus” by David Brennan, Penn State Hershey
- “The Library that Cried Wolf: Outcomes of a Banned Book Hoax on Facebook” by Sheila Kasperek, Mansfield University of Pennsylvania, and Bethany Messersmith, Southwest Baptist University
- “Penn State Diversity Residency Program Celebrates First Graduates” by Barbara I. Dewey, Rachel A. Smith, and Mohamed Berray, Penn State University
- As always, this issue features an editorial by the co-editors and recent news briefs from Pennsylvania libraries.
If you would like to comment on articles, receive individual e-mail announcements about new issues, or perhaps author an article yourself, please register as a reader/author on the PaLRaP site.
When sharing articles via social media, please use the hashtag #palrap.
PaLRaP is an open access, peer-reviewed publication sharing information about the research and practices at or of interest to Pennsylvania’s academic libraries–nonetheless, authors and readers are welcome from all types of libraries and library personnel.
PaLRaP is run by a volunteer staff of members of the College & Research Division of the Pennsylvania Library Association (CRD-PaLA), each holding two-year terms in various journal management positions. The journal is generously sponsored by CRD-PaLA and is published by the University Library System (ULS), University of Pittsburgh, through its D-Scribe digital publishing program.
PaLRaP is edited by John Barnett (University of Pittsburgh), Anne Behler (Penn State University), Tom Reinsfelder (Penn State Mont Alto).
We look forward to your feedback on the latest issue.