CRD wants to be PALS with you
The College and Research Division (CRD) of the Pennsylvania Library Association (PaLA) wants to be
friends PALS with you.
Put more clearly, CRD wants to sponsor an early career librarian to attend the Pennsylvania Library Association’s Academy of Leadership Studies in 2015, also known as PALS. CRD encourages you to nominate yourself or a professional you know for this prestigious professional development opportunity.
PALS is a cooperative endeavor of the Pennsylvania Library Association and the Office of Commonwealth Libraries that provides leadership development for librarians. Through training and mentoring support, PALS aims to develop a a new generation of library leaders who are prepared to meet present needs and to face the challenges of tomorrow in providing high-quality library services for Pennsylvanians. PALS also helps librarians recognize their potential as leaders and encourages participants to become involved in and provide service to both PaLA and Pennsylvania libraries.
More information about the PALS program can be found here.
This year PALS will take place from Sunday, June 14, until Wednesday, June 17, in Camp Hill, PA. CRD invites you to nominate yourself or someone you know for sponsorship to attend this year’s academy. For the chosen nominee, CRD will pay for the cost to attend the program ($550).
To apply for CRD sponsorship to PALS, please e-mail the following documents to CRD by Monday, April 6, 2015.
- A letter of interest indicating why you feel you would be a good candidate for PALS and how you would like to serve PaLA
- A current résumé
Nominees must meet the following requirements:
- Degreed Librarian (must have the degree before attending the program)
- 0 – 6 years post-MLS/MLIS work experience
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Must be willing to remain at the hotel for the duration of the PALS workshop, including overnight
- Must be willing to provide service to PaLA and the profession after completing the program
- PaLA membership is not required to apply or attend but will be required upon graduation from the program
The CRD board looks forward to receiving your nominations for PALS 2015.