PaLRap Seeks a Co-Editor
April 15, 2014
Pennsylvania Libraries: Research & Practice (PaLRaP) Seeks a Co-Editor
- This is a two-year renewable term volunteer opportunity, beginning January, 2015.
- Work in close collaboration with a co-editor to manage all aspects of Pennsylvania Libraries: Research & Practice, producing 2 issues each year.
- Oversee all submissions moving through the publication process from initial submission to peer review, revision, layout, and final proofreading.
- Work closely with a volunteer editorial team including news editors, copy editors, and layout editors.
- Recruit and communicate with peer-reviewers as needed.
- Communicate and work with authors to provide feedback on submissions as well as strong editorial guidance as needed.
- Prepare editorials for each issue.
- Oversee use of Online Journal System (OJS) software platform by authors, reviewers, and editorial staff, answering questions about its functionality and recommending best practices
- Conduct or assist with training of new editorial staff
- Remain in close communication with the journal publisher, the University Library System, University of Pittsburgh and the journal sponsor, the College & Research Division (CRD) of the Pennsylvania Library Association (PaLA).
- Solicit submissions for all types of articles.
- Experience writing for professional publications. Editorial experience preferred.
- Significant experience working in Pennsylvania libraries.
- Knowledge of issues related to open access scholarly publishing.
- Current member of the College & Research Division of the Pennsylvania Library Association.
- Excellent communication skills required. Co -Editor must be willing and able to respond to numerous email messages in a timely manner.
- Submit a letter of interest and a resume to Val Lynn, PaLA College & Research Division Chair.