Call for Nominations: PaLA-CRD Sponsorship for PALS 2012
The PaLA College & Research Division (CRD) is sponsoring one academic librarian to attend the PaLA Academy of Leadership Studies (PALS) 2012, to be held November 7-10 at the Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West. CRD sponsorship will cover the costs of the program, lodging, and meals (transportation not included). This year the target audience for PALS is academic librarians with 7-12 experience, rather than new librarians as in previous years.
Academic librarians who are interested in developing their leadership potential as part of the Pennsylvania academic library community are encouraged to apply. In addition to selecting and sponsoring an academic librarian to attend PALS 2012, the CRD will work closely with that person on their continued professional development. Service to the sponsoring division (CRD) and PaLA as a whole is expected of all PALS participants. Possible service opportunities may include: service on the CRD Board or assisting with new CRD initiatives, but creative ideas for how you can best serve the organization are welcome!
Nominees must meet the following requirements:
- Degreed librarian (must have the degree completed before attending program)
- 7‐12 years experience (must be working in an academic library at time of application)
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Has leadership “spark”
- Must be willing to provide service to PaLA and the profession after completing the program
- PaLA membership is not required to apply or attend, but will be required upon graduation from the program
To nominate a librarian or to self-nominate, please submit the following to Linda Neyer, CRD Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than September 7, 2012:
- a letter of interest from the nominee indicating why they feel they would be a good candidate for PALS and how they would like to serve PaLA
- a current resume from the nominee
- a letter of support from a supervisor or colleague indicating why they feel their nominee has leadership potential and should attend PALS
Information on the PALS 2012 nomination process: http://palibraries.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=569
General information about PALS: http://palibraries.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=101
Any questions about PALS or CRD’s sponsorship may be directed at Tina Hertel: email@example.com.