Call for Candidates
The College & Research Division is seeking candidates to run for the offices of Vice Chair/Chair Elect and Treasurer. If you would be willing to serve in either of these two positions or if you have any questions, please contact Cynthia Slater (cslater at SJU dot EDU) before May 20, 2011. Here are the current job descriptions for each of these positions:
Position: Vice Chair/Chair Elect
Term: The term of the Vice Chair/Chair Elect is 1 year term beginning January 1, 2012; however, this is a 3 year commitment to serve on the CRD Board. The person elected will become the Chair beginning January 1, 2013 and then become the Past Chair beginning January 1, 2014.
- Provide leadership for the Division’s educational programs.
- Plan CRD Annual Spring Conference. (1. Determine conference program and speakers, date, time and menu in conjunction with the Board. 2. Location of spring conference is usually on or near the campus of the Vice Chair. 3. Submit LSTA Funding Request Form, Brief Report, and Expense Report to Board. 4.Compile and report back to the Board on evaluations. This may be delegated to another Board member.)
- Attend PaLA Leadership Orientation following the Annual Conference.
- Assist Chair with the business of the Division, including chairing meetings in the Chair’s absence.
Term: Elected position, 2 year term beginning January 1, 2012.
- Liaise with PaLA Education & Finance Manager (currently Kim Snyder). Obtain and reconcile monthly budget reports from PaLA Headquarters.
- Maintain LSTA spreadsheet.
- Maintain Division account spreadsheet for payments and income.
- Prepare budgets as requested.
- Serve as the designated recipient of payments for CRD programs. Deposit funds in the CRD account and provide receipts to program attendees upon request.
- Assist Chair with compiling year-end report for the State.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the Division’s educational programs.
- Forward all documentation and records to new treasurer.