Call for Board Candidates
The College & Research Division is seeking candidates to run for the offices of Vice Chair/Chair Elect and Secretary. If you would be willing to serve in either of these two positions or if you have any questions, please contact Bonnie Oldham (bonnie.oldham at scranton dot EDU) before April 15, 2012. Here are the current job descriptions for each of these positions:
Position: Vice Chair/Chair Elect
Term: The term of the Vice Chair/Chair Elect is 1 year term beginning January 1, 2013; however, this is a 3 year commitment to serve on the CRD Board. The person elected will become the Chair beginning January 1, 2014 and then become the Past Chair beginning January 1, 2015.
- Provide leadership for the Division’s educational programs.
- Plan CRD Annual Spring Conference. (1. Determine conference program and speakers, date, time and menu in conjunction with the Board. 2. Location of spring conference is usually on or near the campus of the Vice Chair. 3. Submit LSTA Funding Request Form, Brief Report, and Expense Report to Board. 4.Compile and report back to the Board on evaluations. This may be delegated to another Board member.)
- Attend PaLA Leadership Orientation following the Annual Conference.
- Assist Chair with the business of the Division, including chairing meetings in the Chair’s absence.
Term: Elected position, 2 year term beginning January 1, 2013.
- Take notes at meetings and write minutes. Distribute minutes to Board members.
- Minutes must be sent to PaLA President and PaLA Headquarters within a reasonable period following approval of the Board.
- Take notes at the spring Annual Business Meeting and prepare minutes for membership approval at the following year’s spring Annual Business Meeting.
- Take notes at the Annual Conference CRD Luncheon and prepare minutes for membership approval at the following year’s Annual Conference CRD Luncheon.
- Send invitations to PaLA President, 1st Vice-President, Executive Director and Academic Library Services Advisor from the State Library for annual membership meetings.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the Division’s educational programs.
- Forward all documentation and records to new secretary.
- Serve as the Division’s archivist and submit documents required by PaLA Headquarters
at the end of the calendar year.